Jan 16, 2018
Railway & Automotive Embedded Computer for Communication & Control
- All interfaces are implemented on rugged M12 connectors (USB, digital input and output, Gigabit Ethernet, CAN and legacy serial I/O). The housing is compliant to the IP65 protection class.
- On the inside, the system offers two PCI Express Mini card slots with two SIM card slots for WLAN, GNSS or 3G/4G functionality. The necessary antenna connectors can be made available at the front panel.
- It is powered by an AMD Embedded G-Series APU (Accelerated Processing Unit), the T48N, running at 1.4 GHz. The use of the Embedded G-Series makes for high scalability in CPU (single/dual core) performance.
- The BC50R is equipped with 2 GB of DDR3 SDRAM and offers SD card and mSATA slots. The system is designed for fanless operation at temperatures from -40 to +70°C (+85°C for up to 10 minutes), its special aluminum housing with cooling fins serves as a heat sink for the internal electronics and in this way provides conduction cooling.
- The BC50R supports a 24 VDC and 36 VDC nom. class S2 power supply in compliance with EN 50155 or power supplies which comply with ISO 7637-2 (E-mark for automotive) (nominal input voltage 24 V) or with EN 60945 (ship). The power can be switched on and off using an ignition signal on the power connector, and a shutdown-delay time after switching off the power can be adjusted by software.
- The combination of the various CPU/GPU options with the available selection of external interfaces (realized via separate graphics and I/O interface boards within the system) makes for an extremely flexible system design that can quickly be tailored to a vast number of applications.