MDIS5 low-level driver sources (MEN) for M65 and P5 (CAN layer 2 firmware) This product has been discontinued.
MDIS5 low-level driver sources (MEN) for M65 and P5 (CAN layer 2 firmware)
Supported Operating System
Driver with CAN layer 2 firmware (firmware source not included)
- Direct access to ISO/OSI Layer 2 of the CAN protocol using "message objects"
- Operation in Standard or Extended CAN mode (not mixed)
- Up to 2048 message objects available, each with individual CAN identifier
- Message objects handled completely by module processor minimizing load on host
- Each message object can be configured as a transmitter or receiver and has its own user-definable FIFO
- Ability to send REMOTE frames
- Up to 10 RTR objects
- Periodical sending of CAN frames without host intervention
- Special objects for:
- Sending CAN frames with high priority (out-of-band)
- Receiving CAN frames that do not match any message object
- Receiving any CAN frame
- Handling of events, generated either by CAN communication or firmware
- Timestamping of received events
- API for simplified access to driver functionality (functions ICANL2API_xxx())
PDF user manual available as a separate download
- This MDIS5 low-level driver is compatible with MDIS4 system packages.
- Requires MDIS4 or MDIS5 system package