F211 - Quad Fast Ethernet Interface
The F211 is a single Eurocard CompactPCI networking controller with four Fast Ethernet channels.
- Four 10/100Base-TX interfaces
- Four Micrel KSZ8841 controllers
- IEEE802.3x support
- Full-duplex flow control
- Half-duplex back pressure collision flow control
- Internal 8KB RX/TX FIFO buffers
- Auto-negotiation and auto MDIX crossover
- LinkMD cable diagnostics to determine cable length, cable faults and distance to fault
- Media Access Control (MAC) addresses stored in onboard serial EEPROMs
- 4x2 status LEDs to signal link status, activity, speed and collision
- Compliance with CompactPCI Core Specification PICMG 2.0 R3.0
- Peripheral slot
- 32-bit/33-MHz PCI-to-PCI bridge
- V(I/O): +3.3V or +5V (Universal Board)
- Isolation voltage: 1000V between Ethernet links and 1500V between Ethernet links and shield or ground
- Supply voltage/power consumption:
- +3.3V (-3%/+5%), 1A max.
- MTBF: 875,481h @ 40°C according to IEC/TR 62380 (RDF 2000)
- Dimensions: conforming to CompactPCI specification for 3U boards
- Weight: 115g (standard version)
- Temperature range (operation):
- -40..+85°C (qualified components)
- Airflow: min. 10m³/h
- Temperature range (storage): -40..+85°C
- Relative humidity (operation): max. 95% non-condensing
- Relative humidity (storage): max. 95% non-condensing
- Altitude: -300m to + 3,000m
- Shock: 15g/11ms
- Bump: 10g/16ms
- Vibration (sinusoidal): 2g/10..150Hz
- Conformal coating on request
- Drivers for Linux and Windows from Micrel
- Driver for QNX from QNX
- For more information on supported operating system versions and drivers see Software.
- 4 Ethernet channels on 4 D-Sub connectors, 2-slot front panel (8 HP)
- 4 Ethernet channels on 2 D-Sub connectors (shared), 1-slot front panel (4 HP)
- 4 Ethernet channels on 4 M12 receptacle connectors, 2-slot front panel (8 HP)
4 100Base-T Ethernet interfaces, 4 RJ45 connectors at front, -40..+85°C with qualified components
For a Linux driver package supporting the Micrel KSZ8841 Ethernet controller, please refer to www.micrel.com/_PDF/Ethernet/sw_designkit/8841P/ks884x-linux-20090601.bz2. We highly recommend a kernel newer than 2.6.32.
Windows Ethernet driver for F211/F302 (Micrel KSZ8841 MAC) with option to disable hardware checksumming
For a QNX 6.3.0SP3 and QNX 6.3.2 driver package supporting the Micrel KSZ8841 Ethernet controller, please refer to the latest QNX network driver update: www.qnx.com/download/feature.html?programid=17094. The devn-micrel8841.so driver integrated there supports the F211 Ethernet controller.
Starting from QNX 6.4 this driver is directly included in the distribution.
Wireless embedded network control system for passenger information and security applications
Modular 19-inch systems like 3U CompactPCI or CompactPCI Serial are ideal for internet applications in trains like infotainment, exchange of train diagnosis data or transfer of surveillance data.